A cabinet photograph in private hands, lists “A. Laurens, 506 Front Street, Fargo, Dak.” This address was the home of Lane’s Gallery in 1891-1892.
Mr. Laurens is not found in any Fargo reference source. Another photograph in private hands lists Laurens as a partner in Ellingson & Laurens also in Fargo, Dakota, but no address or date is given.
This A. Laurens may be the same A. Laurens who had a studio called the Par Street Gallery in Livingston, Montana in 1890. There was also a Laurens Studio in Billings from 1900 to at least 1914.