The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax preparation assistance and electronic filing to people who make less than $51,000 a year. This year, VITA volunteers will be in basement room 14 (the computer cluster) of the Main Library on Mondays from 6 to 9 pm from February 24 until March 31, excluding March 17.
Please bring the following items with you:
- Last year’s tax return
- ID (and your spouse’s ID, if applicable)
- Society Security cards for all people being claimed on the return
- All W-2s, 1099 forms, Social Security Statements, Interest and Dividend Statements, or any other income items
- Any expense items such as home mortgage interest, real estate taxes, checks/receipts for contributions (if you think you can itemize), education expenses for college, or any other items you think may be deductible
- Proof for direct deposit (checkbook or a voided check)