Culture Photographs Historic Photographs
2009.03.12. Image courtesy of Maria Tuchscherer Collection, GRHC.
Housed within the holdings of North Dakota State University Libraries' Germans From Russia Heritage Collection (GRHC), are many collections that contain photographic images. Items of historical interest, such as photographs, require special attention and are maintained by Special Collections. The photographs within the GRHC are an important visual legacy that can demonstrate the lives and culture of Germans from Russia. Many of these photographs have been scanned and digitized for use on GRHC's website.
North Dakota State University's Institutional Repository collects, preserves and distributes digital materials produced or maintained by the NDSU community. GRHC has an online community in DSpace, the archival application that NDSU's Institutional Repository utilizes. This enables GRHC to share its digitized resources with the online community.
Link to GRHC historic photograph collections of the NDSU Institutional Repository (DSpace)
Listed below are several photographic collections presented as webpages on the GRHC website or on DSpace.
- Edward and Christina (Munsch) Berreth Collection, 2011.41- A collection of family photographs from Campbell County, South Dakota, circa 1889- 1915.
- Marguerite (Gustin-Bullinger) Lien Photograph Collection, 2005.08-
Collection of photographs relating to the Gustin and Bullinger families of Beresan, South Russia; and Flasher and Glen Ullin, North Dakota, c.1895- 1920.
- Jolenta (Fischer) Masterson Collection, 2002.15 - Photographs of the Krasna and Strasburg areas in North Dakota.
- Herb Poppke Collection, 2005.10 - Photographs of Poppke’s journey through the Ukraine in 1993.
- Reich/ Stolz Collection, 2007.12- Photographs of gravesites of members of the Stolz, Siewert, and Yackel families. Taken in Mendham, Leader, Melville, and Lipton, Saskatchewan, 2005.
- Ruff/ Erbele Family Collection, 2011.25 & 2012.18- Collection of Erbele and Ruff family photographs, c. 1880- 1965.
- John Strohmaier Collection, 1996.10- Collection of Meintzer family photographs, circa 1915.
- Maria Tuchscherer Collection, 2009.03- Collection of twenty-four photographs from Colelia, Dobrudscha, Romania, c. 1927- 1987.
to use any images from the GRHC website may be requested
by contacting Michael