[breadcrumb]

New Leipzig's 50th Anniversary: 1960

New Leipzig Golden Jubilee Book Committee, New Leipzig, North Dakota, 1960, 94 pages, softcover


The Germans from Russia Heritage Collection is pleased to provide this 50th golden jubilee book of New Leizig, Grant County, in south central North Dakota. The New Leipzig area was settled heavily by families who immigrated from the German villages near Odessa, Ukraine and in Bessarabia.

The publication provides valuable historical information and photographs relating to these topics: homestead days, social life, sports, schools, churches, organizations, clubs and railroads. The compilers reviewed the "New Leipzig Sentinel" newspaper for early day news items from 1911 to 1959.

There is a listing of "Early Day Residents with a New Leipzig, Odessa or Fleak Address 1910 or Earlier." There are no family histories with photographs included with this book.

New Leipzig in 1910.
Michelson Flour Mill being moved from from Leipzig to New Leipzig.
First school building built in New Leipzig later burned to the ground.
St. John's Catholic Church and Parish House, 1915.

New Leipzig, ND Golden Jubilee Book

$25 plus Shipping & Handling

Click here to order online

Download Order Form

Permission to use any images from the GRHC website may be requested by contacting Michael M. Miller
North Dakota State University Libraries
Germans from Russia Heritage Collection
Libraries
NDSU Dept #2080
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Tel: 701-231-8416
Fax: 701-231-6128
Last Updated:
Director: Michael M. Miller
North Dakota State University Library North Dakota State University North Dakota State University GRHC Home