[breadcrumb]

Photographs of Selz and Elsass

200th Anniversary of the former German Kutschurgan District Villages today near Odessa, Ukraine, 1808-2008

Photographs by Anton Schweitzer

21 September 2008


Gateway to Elsass in German and Ukrainian – Founded by German people, September 21, 1808.

Anton Schweitzerr standing by Elsass Outdoor Theatre.

The Main Square at Elsass.

The former St. Gabriel Catholic Church at Elsass.

Louisa Rissling, curator, and Anton Scweitzer, standing at the enterance to the German/Ukrainian Museum in Selz.

Church of the Assumption at Selz.

Inside the Church of the Assumption at Selz.

Mass inside the Church of the Assumption.

Anton Schweitzer, Marvin Weiss, and K. Fromm inside the Selz Church.

Father explaining the history of the Church of the Assumption.

Anton Schweitzer, with Canadian and German friends.

Selz Municipal Band performing.

Theatre in Selz.

 

Permission to use any images from the GRHC website may be requested by contacting Michael M. Miller
North Dakota State University Libraries
Germans from Russia Heritage Collection
Libraries
NDSU Dept #2080
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Tel: 701-231-8416
Fax: 701-231-6128
Last Updated:
Director: Michael M. Miller
North Dakota State University Library North Dakota State University North Dakota State University GRHC Home