Fax Number: 701-231-7138
Email Address: email@example.com
While books and periodical articles are the most common requests that Interlibrary Loan receives, you may also request other materials such as media (CDs and DVDs), theses, and dissertations. Materials that will usually not be available for request include periodicals, rare books, reference items, or items from special collections.
You may also request materials that the NDSU Libraries already owns that are on the course reserves shelf, are in-use, or are non-circulating. However, Interlibrary Loan will reserve the right to evaluate and cancel these types of requests for the following reasons:
- You may place a hold on NDSU library materials that are checked out, which will usually make them available within two weeks.
- Reserve materials are available for check out.
- Non-circulating materials are available for use within the library.
You may request materials that the NDSU Libraries owns but are marked as lost or missing.
You may request popular fiction and bestseller books, but these materials may not be available due to high demand at other libraries.
With the exception of some Canadian libraries, Interlibrary Loan will usually not borrow materials from foreign countries.
Interlibrary Loan will not order textbooks that are required for classes and that are available for purchase from the NDSU Bookstore.
If your library account has been blocked, Interlibrary Loan will not process requests until the block is removed.
The interlibrary loan form can be reached from the Libraries' home page.
- Under Services on the menu bar, click Borrow from Other Libraries (ILL).
- First time users will need to create an ILL (ILLiad) account. This account will only be for ILL information. You will need to access your HerdSearch account to view materials checked out from the NDSU Libraries' collections.
- Once you have requested your ILLiad account, you can log in to request materials. Under New Request, choose the format that fits the type of material you want to request, fill in the form fields, and click Submit Request.
Log into your ILLIad account. Within your account menu, the View section provides options to track your requests, ask for renewals, receive articles, and see the history of all your requests.
The length of time to receive your materials may vary according to the material type and its original location.
Books, media, dissertations, and theses
- From regional libraries (Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota): 2 to 5 days.
- National libraries (outside of Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota): 1 to 2 weeks.
- Electronic delivery to your e-mail: 1 to 2 days. You will receive your articles electronically unless you choose a different delivery method when you place your request.
- USPS delivery: 3 days to 2 weeks.
You will be notified by email (through your NDSU email account) when your materials arrive. Please bring your NDSU Library card or a valid picture ID to the Circulation Desk to pick up materials.
Physical and PDF copies of articles are yours to keep.
For books, media, dissertations, and theses, the average loan period is four weeks. You can request a renewal through your ILLIad account or by contacting the Interlibrary Loan office at (701) 231-8885.
Occasionally, Interlibrary Loan will receive a request for you to return a material before its due date. When this occurs, Interlibrary Loan will notify you by phone or by email that you must return the material immediately. If possible, Interlibrary Loan will place another request for the item on your behalf.
There is no cost for placing requests through Interlibrary Loan.
If you would like to purchase a dissertation, Interlibrary Loan can place a purchase request through Dissertation Express, and you will be responsible for the purchase cost.
You are responsible for returning Interlibrary Loan materials by their due dates. Please check for due dates on the slips attached to your materials or within your library account.
The libraries that own the materials you have requested will determine fees for lost, damaged, or non-returned materials. If you fail to return materials, you will receive a bill for replacement. Any Interlibrary Loan-related bill that you receive will be sent to your Bison Connection account.