North Dakota State University’s Interlibrary Loan service (OCLC code: NWQ) is pleased to provide loans and copies to other academic, public, and special libraries from our collections at the Main Library, Architecture and Landscape Architecture Library, Health Sciences Library, Chemistry Library, Business Learning Center, and Annex storage facility.
Individuals are encouraged to request loans and copies of our materials through the Interlibrary Loan services offered through their own local libraries.
Interlibrary Loan will lend circulating materials such as books, DVDs, CDs, dissertations, and government publications. Copies of articles from NDSU Libraries’ periodical collections are also available.
While materials such as rare books, reference, and items from the Germans from Russia Heritage Collection and the NDSU Archives collections do not circulate, copies of specific pages may be requested.
Materials from the NDSU Libraries Shott Collection (popular fiction and non-fiction) do not circulate through Interlibrary Loan.
Requests for items that are on course reserves, in-use, non-circulating, or marked as lost/missing will be non-supplied with the appropriate explanation.
Interlibrary Loan will usually not supply loans to overseas countries but will supply electronic photocopies of articles.
How to submit an Interlibrary Loan request
NWQ participates in OCLC World Resource Sharing (ILLiad) and Ex Libris’ Aleph (as part of the Online Dakota Information Network (ODIN) ). We will accept requests via email, fax or standard ALA forms from libraries not on those systems.
Articles (supplied within 48 hours)
- Electronic delivery of copies using Ariel, Odyssey, or e-mail
- USPS (please allow extra time for delivery)
- Free to network partners (ODIN, MnPals, Minitex)
- Free to Reciprocal/LVIS libraries
- Reciprocal agreements welcome
- $8.00 (up to 50 pages) for non-reciprocal libraries
- $8.00 + .20/page over 50 pages
- Billed through OCLC IFM or by invoice
Books, media, dissertations, and theses (supply times vary with delivery service)
- Local couriers
- UPS or FedEx (please supply FedEx account number)
- No charge for loans
- 28 day loan period with one renewal
- Loans are subject to recall if needed by one of our own patrons
- Borrowing libraries are responsible for damaged or lost materials
There are no overdue fines for late materials, but libraries are encouraged to return or renew materials when they become due.
Interlibrary Loan will assess replacement fees for lost, damaged, or severely overdue materials, and will send an invoice to the borrowing library.
NDSU Dept. 2080
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
|Hours||8:00 am to 5:00 pm (CST) Monday - Friday except on major holidays|