- Prices and Fees
- Photograph Duplication Policy
- Photograph Permission to Publish Policy
- Online Photograph Order Form
The NDSU Archives offers a wide array of duplication services to our patrons, including photocopying, scanning and audiovisual reproductions. All requests for duplication services can be made in person at the reference desk, or initiated by telephone (701-231-8914) or sending an e-mail to NDSU.Library.Archives@ndsu.edu
Please note: All reproduction requests are reviewed by our staff, and fragile materials that pose serious preservation and conservation concerns, will not be reproduced. Cameras, computers and scanners are allowed in the Research Room, and a formal record of all materials copied must be compiled. Proper credit information will be provided.
- Photocopies may be made of most materials, however manuscripts, photographs, etc. must be copied by staff.
- Books may be copied by the user with permission of the staff.
- We may refuse to allow copying of fragile and oversize items.
- Please consult with staff before making photocopies.
- Fees: 10 cents per page for letter and legal size. 20 cents per page for ledger size. 25 cents per page for color copy, all sizes.
- Payment is made to staff upon completion of copying. The copy machines are not coin operated.
Researchers may request digital reproductions of images. Digital reproductions may take approximately a week to complete. They can be delivered via CD or e-mail. Consult the Prices and Fees page for options and pricing.
The vast majority of the electronic media holdings are in difficult-to-access formats. The department has only limited equipment to access some formats. Because some materials are old and/or rare, we cannot allow patrons to use the original audiovisual recordings. Instead, patrons must use copies that are made from the original items. When 'use copies' do not already exist, copies must be made on demand. This process may take some weeks from initial request to delivery of the use copy to the Reading Room. Staff will work with patrons to generate use copies. Most reproductions are done by a third-party.
Materials from the NDSU Archives are not available through Interlibrary Loan. Please contact the Archives for information about acquiring copies of materials.
Consult our Contact Us page.