2015 marked the 125th anniversary of NDSU, a student-focused land grant research institution. The NDSU Libraries celebrated this milestone in a spirit of renewal and reinvestment, securing a partial renovation and refurbishment on the Main Library, boosting thin collection areas with one-time funds, and finding our place firmly in the University’s strategic planning process.
Looking forward, the growth and advancement of NDSU creates opportunities for renewal in the Libraries. To be our best, the NDSU Libraries need your help in building the collections, services and facilities consistent with a ranked research institution.
What does it take to raise the bar?
- Learning Spaces: building facilities that support high-tech group study as well as individual work, and that create opportunities for scholarly performance through exhibition, discussion, performance, and publication.
- Information Portals: developing strong collections that align with the University’s academic programs, ensuring access to core books, journals, data, and other content across all formats (print, electronic) and for all users (undergraduate, graduate, faculty, and community).
- Distinctive Heritage Collections: sharing the unique and distinctive research collections of the Institute for Regional Studies/ University Archives and the Germans from Russia Heritage Collections with outreach and digitization efforts.
Help us provide the best for our students and faculty with a gift to the NDSU Libraries. Your gift could:
- Build a core collection of information resources about an emerging area of study
- Bring world-class speakers to campus to inspire students on how to navigate our complex information-driven society
- Refurbish library spaces to support 21st century learning and discovery
- Support an internship giving real-world experience to a student considering the archival or library field
- Provide online access to photographs and manuscripts documenting North Dakota’s history
The opportunities to make a difference are here, now. Thank you for considering a gift to NDSU, and for your interest in supporting the Libraries.
Send your gift along in the mail using the Library Donation form.
Give online through the NDSU Development Foundation.