Acacia Stuckle joins NDSU Extension staff, to serve two counties

Burke, Allan. "Acacia Stuckle joins NDSU Extension staff, to serve two counties." Emmons County Record, 31 October 2012.

Acacia Stuckle started as the new NDSU Extension Agent for 4-H/Youth Development in Emmons County and for Family and Consumer Science/4-H Youth Development in Kidder County on Mon., Oct. 15, 2012.

She replaces Kristen Vetter who resigned in the fall of 2011 and joins Extension Agent Kelcey Holm.

“My husband, Aaron, and I both grew up in small towns, and we wanted to raise our family in a town like Linton,” Stuckle said. “This was the right opportunity at the right time for us.”

The Stuckles have two children, Henry 3 and Ettalynn, 3 months. They plan to move from Fargo to the Linton area.

In her new duties, Stuckle will work with 4-H youth, club leaders and with the area schools.

“I encourage people to share their ideas for 4-H and other youth development programs so that we can provide what people would like to see,” Stuckle said. “I’m learning what programs the area wants and needs.”

Stuckle spends 70 percent of her time in Emmons County and the other 30 percent in Kidder County.

“I’m working out my schedule with Kelcey as well as with Extension Agent Penny Nester in Steele,” she explained, “and I’m looking forward to meeting people in both counties.”

In Emmons County, Stuckle will take the lead on 4-H programs and work with Holm on youth development projects. Holm will be advising livestock judging teams.

Some of the youth programs for schools they have discussed are bullying, social media protection and work with Global Positioning Systems (GPS).

Stuckle and Holm are both interested in getting a Master Gardener program started in the county and want to work on community development and adult programs.

“We plan to be in the schools often and will be working closely with teachers and administrators to determine what we can do to be helpful,” Stuckle said.

Acacia has been active in the Tri-County Tourism Alliance and will continue to be involved as an Emmons County representative.

“I’m excited to be working with the Extension Service and to be living in a rural community,” Stuckle said.


Stuckle is the daughter of Henry and Lourie Jonas of Wishek and a native of Fredonia. She graduated from Kulm High School in 2002.

Until she was 11, the family operated a dairy and grain farm. Then, they moved into Fredonia. Her dad is a salesman for Titan Machinery, and the family farm is rented out.

She has a brother, Tyler, in Beulah and a sister, Carly Jonas, a Registered Nurse in Wishek.

After graduation from high school, she attended North Dakota State University in Fargo where she earned a B.S. Degree in Speech Communications. While a student, she worked in the Admissions Office and with Strasburg native Michael Miller, who is Director & Bibliographer of the Germans from Russia Heritage Collection (GRHC) for The Libraries at NDSU.

Stuckle went full-time with GRHC when she finished college and left her position to take the NDSU Extension Agent position.

She coordinated two Dakota Memories Heritage Tours for GRHC, both of which included stops in Emmons County.

“While with GRHC, I worked closely with the NDSU Extension Service and know many people in the organization, including Carmen Rath-Wald, the NDSU Extension Agent in Napoleon,” she said.

Wald chairs the Tri-County Tourism Alliance.

Stuckle’s husband, Aaron, a Courtney native, is an independent financial advisor affiliated with Far North Financial in Fargo. He will work out of their home but hopes to eventually have an office in Linton.

“Aaron and I both love small town living, so we’re happy about the move,” Stuckle said.

Acacia and Aaron Stuckle have two children, Henry, 3, and Ettalyn, 3months.
NDSU Extension Agent Acacia Stuckle divides her time between Emmons County and Kidder County

Reprinted with permission of the Emmons County Record

Permission to use any images from the GRHC website may be requested by contacting Michael M. Miller