Andreas Renner Chronology
(Father of Joseph Renner & Siblings)
Andreas (1822-1897) & 1st wife Maria Eva (Messer (1820-1852)) Renner had:
- Katherina (1839 - ??) married Franz Hopfauf, son of Peter Hopfauf. Katherina was born in Karlsruhe. Nothing known of her family except that she was the eldest daughter.
- Paul (1841 - ??) died as a teenager. Fell through the ice while ice skating and died of pneumonia.
- Elisabetha (1842 -??) married Johannes Anton (1839+). Elizabeth was born in Karlsruhe, she and her family stayed in Russia. Their daughter, Maria Eva Anton came to America and she married Peter Eckroth. Additional history can be found in Renner, Barth, Yantzer Family History on pages 201 - 202.
- Barbara (1843+1849) married Gregory Beckler (1820+) Additional history can be found in Renner, Barth, Yantzer Family History on pages 203 206.
NOTE: Karlsruhe birth records show Katherina (above) married to Martin Steckler. They had a daughter Katherina (Nov 9, 1861 - ?? if this information is correct?
Andreas & 2nd wife Katherina (Stockert (1834 or 1836 - 1887 or 1889)) Renner had: Katherina was born in Speier, South Russia in 1834, the daughter of Jakob and Antonia (Klein) Stockert. To them seven children were born. Katrina died in 1889. The spelling of Katrina is taken from the ledger of Joseph Renner, her son.
- Magdalena (1858 -1907) married Yochim Anton Magdalena was born in Karlsruhe. She possibly was a twin to Mathias. She and Yochim married in 1885 in a double wedding with her brother Mathias and his sister Elizabeth Anton. Nothing is known of her family.
- Mathias (1858 -Dec 2, 1921) married Elizabeth Anton They immigrated to America in 1893. Additional history can be found in Renner, Barth, Yantzer Family History on pages 207 - 222.
- Gregor (Jan 27, 1861 - Oct 27, 1919) married Barbara Lantz. Gregor was born in Karlsruhe, South Russia. Gregor and Barbara had six children, four of whom are listed below. Gregor wrote letter # 3. Photo of Gregor & Barbara can be found in Renner, Barth, Yantzer Family History on page 223.
- Johann wrote letters # 4, 5, 9, & 10
- Theobald wrote letters # 7 & 8
- Michael (Dec 23, 1863 -1918) married Marianna Hoffman (1866 - ??) Michael died in Karlsruhe, South Russia. Michael wrote letter # 1; Marianna wrote letters # 2 & 6. Additional history can be found in Renner, Barth Yantzer Family History on page 198.
- Andreas (Mar 8, 1883 – May 15, 1938) married Brigette Anton (1896 - ??)
- Valentin Nov 4, 1894 – Jul 11, 1944) married Franziska Ruf (1897 - ??) Valentin wrote letter # 12.
- Josef (1911 - ??) married Katharina Martin (1911 - ??)
- Anna Marie (Apr 11, 1866 – Mar 17, 1921) married George Yantzer (May 8, 1858 – Dec 31, 1932). They immigrated to America in 1893. Additional history can be found in Renner, Barth, Yantzer Family History on pages 300 – 318.
- Joseph (Jan 6, 1875 – Sep 17, 1949) married Margaret Forster (Mar 3, 1881– May 4, 1949) They immigrated to America in 1893. Additional history can be found in Renner, Barth, Yantzer Family History on pages 226 - 237.
- Sophia (?? – May 4, 1949) Sophia was born in Karlsruhe and stayed in Russia. She was the youngest child of Andreas and Katherina (Stockert) Renner. Photo of Sophia can be found in Renner, Barth, Yantzer Family History on page 202.
Andreas & 3rd wife Katherine (Winschel) Renner had no children. Andreas died in the fall of 1897.
The writer for letter # 11 is unknown.
The resource book Renner, Barth, Yantzer Family History (2005) by Dianne (Frohlich) Hopfauf can be obtained by contacting the author directly. Cost: $30 plus shipping. Contact info:
3360 58th St
Flasher, ND 58535
Letters 5, 9, 10, 11, & 12 were passed down in the Renner family from Joseph & Margaret Renner to their daughter, Pauline Renner Gustin, and then on to her son, David Gustin who gifted the letters to this family history project for translation and reproduction. These letters have been donated to the Germans from Russia Heritage Collection at the North Dakota State University Library.