Historical Sketches of the Parishes of the Diocese of Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan 1930 - 1955
Prepared by the Diocese of Gravelbourg, Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan, 1955, 112 pages, softcover.
The Germans from Russia Heritage Collection is pleased to make available the publication Historical Sketches of the Parishes of the Diocese of Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan 1930 - 1955.
The publication includes the parish of Prelate where a majority of the early settlers arrived around 1909-1910 from South Russia including the Crimea, Romania, eastern Canada, and the United States especially the Dakotas. In 1919, the Ursuline Sisters established themselves in Prelate with their motherhouse of St. Angela's Convent which still exists today including a girl's high school.
The parish of Blumenfeld built the beautiful Sts. Peter and Paul Church and was the mother church of the Prelate District. Family names include: Hoffart, Guckert, Duchscherer, Drescher, Ziebert, Riffel and Weisgerber.
The parish of Liebenthal founded by German-Russian settlers in 1910 included these families: Dirk, Wingenbach, Gross, Wagner, Hopfauf, Hittel, Ibach, Sehn, Hintz, Seifer, Scherger, Kiss, Tumbach, Wist, Folk and Lutz. The remote beginnings of the parish of Fox Valley are in Krassna, Saskatchewan, and was founded by German-Russian settlers.
|St. Mary's Church and rectory, Fox Valley, Saskatchewan.||
Sts. Peter and Paul Church, Blumenfeld, Saskatchewan.
$20.00 plus Shipping & Handling