NDSU Libraries offers quiet spaces for you to work alone- or with your friends! Rooms are intended for academic work only- users must be NDSU students, faculty, or staff. The Main Library has 10 group study rooms available for two to 12 people. There are also 10 individual study rooms available on a first-come, first-serve basis. A classroom is also available after 5 PM during the week at the Main Library. The Business Learning Center in Barry Hall has two study rooms that can accommodate up to six people.
If you have questions, please read this page or contact the Circulation Desk at 231-8888.
Group Study Rooms
- Each student may reserve a group study room once per day, for up to 4 hours.
- If meeting with a group, the person who reserved the room must be present to check out the key.
- There is a 30-minute grace period to check out your key. After that, depending on demand, Libraries staff may delete your reservation.
Individual Study Rooms
- Individual study rooms are, under all circumstances, first-come, first-served.
- Individual study rooms have a 4-hour checkout with one renewal. A different individual room may be checked out at the end of that 8-hour period if they are available.
The Presentation Studio is available to make video recordings of presentations, practice sessions and other academic work requiring a video.
- Time slots are one hour.
- The person who makes the reservation must check out the room key.
- The Studio is reserved for academic work only – users must be NDSU students, faculty, or staff.
Barry Hall Media Studios
In the faculty wing of Barry Hall are two media recording studios. They offer video and audio recording devices and software.
Graduate Learning Center
NDSU Graduate students or faculty members may reserve the Graduate Learning Center in the Main Library. Reservations are generally limited to 4 hours, but exceptions can be made in case of lecture or presentation.
Library Classroom 110
The Main Library has a large classroom that, after 5PM Monday-Thursday and all day on Saturday and Sunday, functions as a group study room. All privileges and limitations of group study rooms apply.