- Bromenschenkel, Gib (Mss 342)
The Gib Bromenschenkel Papers include materials related exclusively to Bromenschenkel's thirty-two year tenure on the Fargo City Commission. During his tenure, Gib was involved with the reorganization of the bus system, the controversial Model Cities Project, the Sheyenne Diversion Project, the Broadway Mall Project, the West Acres Mall development, the Metropolitan Council of Governments, redevelopment of the city water plant, the Torfin Teigen controversy, the Women's Health Clinic controversy, construction of the Fargo Dome, and the construction of several bridges.
- Cynosure (Fargo Central High School Newspaper) (LD1771.F40 C93 (issues in Institute newspaper collection))
The Cynosure began publication apparently in 1901 as a monthly student publication of the Fargo, N.D. High School. The title was taken from Milton's poem L'Allegro according to the web site of the Fargo Central High School Alumni Association. It continued publication into 1966 when Fargo Central High School burned. The school was not rebuilt and instead Fargo South High School was built, complementing Fargo North High School.
- Fargo Metropolitan Model Cities Agency (Mss 142)
Meeting minutes and correspondence regarding the work of an agency attempting to renovate Fargo.
- Fargo (N.D.). Auditor's Office (Mss 114)
The collection consists of records dealing with the construction of early bridges between the cities of Fargo and Moorhead.
- Fargo (N.D.). Auditor's Office (Mss 84)
Financial records of the City of Fargo as well as license registers, contract record, sidewalk assessments, and record of ordinances.
- Fargo (N.D.). Board Of City Commissioners (Mss 42, 167, 176)
The collection consists of meeting minutes and other documenting over one hundred years of city government in Fargo.
- Fargo (N.D.). Inspections Department (Mss 186)
The department records includes a series of architectural drawings (primarily 1920-1940s) for commercial and apartment buildings in Fargo that no longer are in existence.
- Fargo (N.D.). Public Schools (Mss 263)
Official records of the Fargo school district to include board minutes, financial records, student records, and information on individual schools.
- Fargo Urban Renewal Agency. Fourth Street Project (Mss 22)
A collection related to the renovation and renewal of a once properous and vital commerical area of Fargo that had stagnated.
- Fargo Urban Renewal Agency. Main Avenue Project (Mss 149)
A collection related to the renovation and renewal of a major traffic and business area in Fargo.
- Fargo Water Treatment Plant (Mss 209, Oversize Collection 2)
Records detailing the daily operation of one of the nation's earliest water treatment plants.
- Lashkowitz, Herschel (Mss 343)
The papers represent the political, mayoral and personal activities of Herschel Lashkowitz. The mayoral and City of Fargo files make up the bulk of the collection, and span from 1954 to 1974.
- North Dakota. City Justice Of The Peace (Fargo) (Mss 116)
The collection consists primarily of the justice dockets (criminal and civil) of the Police Magistrate Court, Municipal Court, and the Justice of the Peace. The dockets contain all vital information for the cases.
- Sutherland, James W. (SC 128)
Correspondence relating to the Fargo Fire Dept., fire runs and volunteer lists (1895-1904), payroll list, and newspaper clippings.