Study rooms are available in the Main Library and the Business Learning Center for people who want to get together for meetings, studying, or working on projects. We have 10 group study rooms available for 2 to 12 people. There are also 10 individual study rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Group Study Rooms
What you need to know before you book a room
- You may book one study room per day for up to four hours.
- The person who makes the reservation must check out the room key.
- There is a 30 minute grace period if you are running late. After that, your reservation will be canceled and your room may not be available when you arrive.
- Rooms are reserved for academic work only – users must be NDSU students, faculty, or staff.
- Individual study rooms cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis for 4 hours with one renewal.
Individual Study Rooms
Individual study rooms are first-come, first-served under all circumstances. Study room keys are picked up at the Main Library Circulation Desk. We will not allow more than one person to be in the individual study rooms at one time. Because individual study rooms are not soundproof, patrons should refrain from excessive noise levels as a common courtesy. Individual study rooms may be renewed once per day. Rooms are reserved for academic work only – users must be NDSU students, faculty, or staff.
Graduate Learning Center
NDSU graduate students or faculty members may reserve the Graduate Learning Center for group use. Reservations will generally be limited to four hours, but we may make exceptions for requests that involve lectures or presentations. We will not accept recurring requests for classes or office hours.