Getting set up to download EBSCO ebooks
Before you download an ebook for the first time, there are some accounts to set up and software you will need to install. After the initial set up, accessing ebooks will be quick and easy.
- Set up a personal account with EBSCO: access the eBook Collection (EBSCO) in the databases A-Z list, click on “sign in” at the top right of the page and select “Create a new account”.
- You will need a free account with Adobe to download ebooks. Click here and select “don’t have an Adobe ID” to create an account.
- You need to download Adobe Digital Editions to your computer in order to open ebook files—it is free.
- If you want to download ebooks to a mobile Android or Apple device you will need the Bluefire Reader. The app is free in both iTunes and Google Play stores.
- Before using Bluefire to download ebooks, you need to authorize the app by opening it, selecting Info and entering your Adobe user name and password.
Last updated: 7/23/2015