Renewing and returning your ILL materials
Electronically delivered articles are available through your ILLiad account for a limited period of time. Once you download the articles they are yours to keep. The average loan period for books, media, dissertations, and theses is 4 weeks. Occasionally, we are asked by the original lending institution to return the material before it’s due. When this occurs we will notify you by phone or email that you must return the material immediately. If possible, we will place another request on your behalf.
You can request a renewal through your ILLiad account or by calling the Interlibrary Loan office at (701) 231-8885. To request a renewal through your ILLiad account:
- Log in to your ILLiad account.
- In the left navigation under View click on Checked Out Items.
- You will see a list items you currently have checked out. Click on the transaction number of the request you'd like renewed.
- If a renewal is allowed you will see Renew Request. Click on it.
- You will see confirmation that the item has been requested for renewal.
The libraries that own the materials you have requested will determine fees for lost, damaged, or non-returned materials. If you fail to return materials, you will receive a bill for replacement. Any Interlibrary Loan-related bill that you receive will be sent to your Bison Connection account.