- NEW: Until the end of October, try a new way to search, browse and read NDSU Libraries' journals.
- NDSU Archives is closed until November 12 to install new shelving.
Why is Open Access important?
Open Access (OA) literature benefits many groups:
- Authors: OA gives them a worldwide audience and increases the visibility of their work.
- Readers: OA gives them barrier-free access to the literature they need for their research. This particularly assists people in developing countries and less wealthy institutions.
- Teachers and students: OA allows teachers to bring current research into the classroom.
- Libraries: OA addresses the problem of the rising cost of journal subscriptions.
- Universities: OA increases the visibility of their researchers and their research, reduces their expenditure on journals, and advances their mission to share knowledge.
- Public: OA provides taxpayers with free access to the results of research they helped fund.
Last updated: 7/23/2015