The only information regarding this photography studio is the imprint, "Ellingson & Laurens, Fargo, Dakota", on a cabinet photograph held in private hands. Mr. Ellingson’s name does not appear in any Fargo city directory or North Dakota business gazetteer.
Presumably the firm was in business for only a short time, possibly between 1887 and 1889.
Very little is known about partner A. Laurens, who also does not appear in any Fargo refrence sources. He did operate his own studio for a short time in Fargo, likely after his partnership with Mr. Ellingson ended. Consult separate entry for A. Laurens.