Albert H. Kahlert was born in Minnesota about 1862. Heoperated a studio at 506 Front Street in Fargo for a short time around 1891. He was listed as the manager of Lane’s Photograph Gallery from 1891 to 1892 in the city directories. He lived at the Hotel Cantieny in Fargo during this time.
After he left Fargo, he went into business as Baulter & Kahlert in Grand Forks. In 1896, he established a photograph studio in the newly established town of Climax, Minnesota. He operated the studio until in the early 1900s when a fire consumed the family house-studio-hotel building. Mr. Kahlert married Nellie Erickson in 1895 at St. Paul, Minnesota, and they had two daughters, Mildred and Adeline. After the fire Albert and Nellie split up, and he operated a saloon in Crookston, Minn. He later moved to Lewiston, Idaho where he worked for an orchard. He died on February 7, 1923.