On August 19, 2020, the NDSU Libraries’ Germans from Russia Heritage Collection (GRHC) launched a new website to offer a streamlined and organized way to access our resources and collections. The URL is the same as before: library.ndsu.edu/grhc/
If you are new to the site, we hope you are able to quickly and easily find the information you are looking for. If you are a regular user of the site, things may look different and resources may be in a different spot than before. We encourage you to use the powerful new search box on the homepage to start your research. Below is a brief explanation of what you can find using the four different search tabs:
- Finding Aids: search archival manuscript & photograph collections
- Library Catalog: search cataloged books & library materials
- Digital Horizons: search digitized collections
- Search Site: search the website
At the top of the page, you will also find our site organized into four categories:
- Research & History: resources about the culture, customs, history, and life of the Germans from Russia
- Collections: information related to our archival collections, exhibits, and oral histories
- Foodways: find recipes, memories, and traditions that highlight the unique food culture of the Germans from Russia
- Outreach: find out about the ways we connect with the Germans from Russia community and promote their culture and history
To purchase books and other materials to aid your research and preserve within your own library, visit our online store by clicking the button in the top right corner of the website.
There is a wealth of information to be found on our website and we hope you enjoy the new look and feel. We are continuing to add resources each day so if you notice something missing or come across a link that does not work, please have patience with us during this process. If you find an error or need assistance navigating the website, do not hesitate to contact Jeremy.Kopp@ndsu.edu.