The two Germans from Russia organizations in Germany are the Bessarabiendueutscher Verein e.V. and the Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland. The organizations provide publications, genealogy, regional and national gatherings, and cultural events. GRHC works in partnership with these organizations.
The Bessarabian German Society is located in Stuttgart, Germany, which includes an extensive library, archives and museum. Bessarabia is a historical region in Eastern Europe, bounded by the Dniester River on the east, and the Prut River on the West. Today part of Bessarabia is located in the Republic of Moldova and part is located in Ukraine. Most of the former German villages in Bessarabia, are located in southwest Ukraine close to Odessa. From 1814 to 1842, 9,000 Germans immigrated from the German areas of Baden, Wuerttemberg, Bavaria, some Prussians area of modern-day Poland, and Alsace, France, to Bessarabia near the Black Sea.
In 1940, the Bessarabian Germans were re-settled by the German Army to Poland. In 1945 during World War II, the Bessarabian Germans had to flee Poland to Germany, where many families live today. In the 1890s to about 1910, many of the Bessarabian Germans emigrated to the USA and Canada especially to the Dakotas, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
- Articles from the monthly publication of Mitteilungsblatt, published by the Bessarabiendeutscher e.V., are available at the Verein GRHC webpage
- Bessarabiendeutsche, Woher wir kommen, Wer wir sind (German language)
- Celebrating Sixty Years of the Heimatmuseum in Stuttgart... and its original founding in Sarata ninety years back.
- Heimatlied der Bessarabiendeutschen (YouTube)
- Isert, Ingo Rüdiger. "Family Database – A Department at the Heimatmuseum." Mitteilungsblatt, October 2012, 4-5.
- Federal Cross of Merit with Ribbon for Ingo Rüdiger Isert.
- Heimatmuseum der Deutschen aus Bessarabien (German language)
- Publications of the Heimatmuseum der Deutschen aus Bessarabien, Stuttgart, Germany
- To Keep the Memory Alive
The Society for the Germans from Russia is located in Stuttgart, Germany. The organization includes ethnic Germans of Black Sea, Volga, Mennonite, Caucasus, Crimea, and Volhynia. Founded in 1950, the Society has interest in all Russian Germans around the world including North America and South America. This also includes the Germans who live in the former Soviet Union. The Society is active in preserving the heritage, culture and language as well as research, publications, immigration and assimilation especially in Germany. Since 1989, about three million ethnic Germans have emigrated from the former Soviet Union especially Kazakhstan to Germany.
- 60th Anniversary of the Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland, Memorial Ceremony, Stuttgart, Germany, 15 May 2010.
- 50 Years of the Landsmannschaft of the Germans from Russia
- Articles from the monthly publication of Volk auf dem Weg, published by the Landsmannscht der Deutscher aus Russland, are available at the GRHC webpage:
- August 28, 1941 - Important Date in Germans in Russia History
- Bundestreffen 2001
- Commemoration Day of the Germans from Russia. 28 August 1941.
- Development of the numbers of ethnic German emigrants from 1950 - 1997
- The Editors, “The Landmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland Celebrates Sixty Years." Volk auf dem Weg, February 2010, 10-11.
- Fifty Years of the Landsmannschaft
- German books order section
- German Russian Artists: "It is Normal to be Different"
- German Russian Conference for the 150th Year of Remembrance of the Diocese of Tiraspol
- Guests from America
- Haus der Deutschen aus Russland House of the Germans from Russia, Stuttgart, Germany
- Heimatbücher Index - 1954-2005
Index in the German language to the articles published in the Heimatbücher of the Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland, Stuttgart, Germany. All books are GERMAN language ONLY.
- Information für Spätaussiedler und aus der ehemaligen Sowjetunion (in German)
- Kulturrat der Deutschen aus Russland (KDR) e.V. Culture of the Germans from Russia
- Letter from Ed Schafer
- Publications of the Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, Stuttgart, Germany
- "Role and Objectives of the Association of the Germans from Russia in Stuttgart"
- The 26th Heimatbuch of the Landsmannschaft of Germans from Russia: 2001 - 2002
- The Forgotten Schwabians: Germans in the Central Dakota Area -- An Odyssee
- The Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland by Franz Usselmann, "Die Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland e.V."
- What is the Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland e.V.? What is their purpose? What have they already accomplished?
- Young Germans from Russia (Junge Russlanddeutsche)