About National Library Week
April 23-29, 2023 is National Library Week, a time to highlight the essential role libraries, librarians, and library workers play in transforming lives and strengthening communities. The theme for this year’s National Library Week is “There’s More to the Story,” which promotes the idea that in addition to the books in library collections, available in a variety of formats, libraries offer so much more. Libraries house tools, resources, spaces, and people to help students succeed. Most importantly, libraries also connect communities to each other.
To celebrate this year’s theme, we are highlighting the Emerging Technologies within the Library. These Emerging Technologies have staff support to guide learning as well as allow students to connect with a campus community that will support their academic needs.
Digital Fabrication Lab: Develop ideas using equipment such as 3D printers, a laser cutter, desktop CNC mills, and hand tools.
Data Visualization Lab: Manipulate statistical and spatial data with high-speed computers equipped with GIS and other specialized software.
Virtual Reality Labs: Transform how you learn and educate in an interactive virtual environment.
Presentation Studio: Record high-quality audio and video for your practice session, interview, or dissertation.
In honor of National Library Week and staying connected, NDSU Libraries will be giving away prizes including NDSU Dining gift cards, JBL headphones, a JBL speaker, portable chargers, a YETI® tumbler, and more! Giveaways will be done both at the Main Library and on Instagram during National Library Week. Follow us on Instagram @ndsulibrary and stop by the Main Library for a chance to win April 24-28, 2023.
- There will be one giveaway, open Monday, April 24 at 9am until Friday, April 28 at 10am.
- Limit two Instagram entries per person–one for a comment and one for tagging a friend on the post.
- A winner will be selected at random and notified via Instagram direct message from NDSU Libraries on April 28.
At the Main Library:
- There will be three giveaways, open Monday, April 24 at 9am until Friday, April 28 at 10am.
- Stop by the table in the Main Library and fill out an entry form.
- Limit one entry per student, per prize.
- Winners will be selected at random and notified via email on April 28.
Must be a current NDSU student to qualify. Must have a valid NDSU student email address and student ID number. Winners must be able to pick up and sign for their prize at the Main Library Circulation Desk by May 10, 2023.