The NDSU Archives and NDSU Libraries have developed and curated a number of databases and indexes to assist researchers on and off campus.
- Collective Bibliography of North Dakota Geology Database of bibliographic information for geology-related studies conducted in North Dakota and the region.
- Digital Horizons Collaborative digital database featuring images, documents, video, and oral histories depicting life on the Northern Plains from the late 1800s to today.
- Fargo Forum Newspaper Index 1879-1995 Database of citations to selected articles published in a number of Fargo newspapers between 1879 and 1995, primarily the Fargo Forum.
- Fargo Forum Obituary Index Partial index providing citations to Fargo Forum, and the Daily Argus newspaper obituaries up to 1995.
- The Record (Historical magazine, 1895-1905) Magazine published between 1895 to 1905 with a focus toward historical and biographical articles related to North Dakota.
- Sanitary Home - North Dakota Farmer and Sanitary Home - North Dakota Farmer North Dakota Agricultural College magazine published between 1899-1918, devoted to foods, hygiene, extension, and agricultural related articles. This database covers years 1899-1906.
North Dakota State University
Bison Briefs (College and State, 1917-1933; NDAC Alumni Review, 1939-1959; Bison Briefs, 1959- ) University publication focused on college and alumni events, activities and news.
It's Happening At State Newsletter - 1967-1998 Weekly newsletter published by University Relations covering campus news and events.
Spectrum Student run newspaper first published in December 1896.
The Lawrence Welk Music Arrangements Index database provides access to some 10,000 original arrangements used by the Welk Orchestra and individual performers spanning from the 1950s to 1980s.