Hi, I am the librarian for your program. I am available for research consultations and class visits to help you learn more about the Libraries' resources and how to find the information you need to be successful. The best way to contact me is via email at: email@example.com. We can set up a time to meet in person, on the phone, or Zoom.
- Agribusiness and Applied Economics
In addition to the lists below, resources can be found at:
- PubAg: Searches 340,000+ peer-reviewed articles from the USDA
- National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS): Browse or search for data and publications about crops, livestock, economics, and more
- National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) QuickStats: Up to date and historical agricultural statistics for the United States at state and county levels
- North Dakota Agricultural Statistics publications: Online publications of ND agricultural data, including production, supplies, consumption, costs, returns, and more; the ND Annual Statistics Bulletin includes data on major crops, livestock, and more
- NDSU Extension - Crop Production
- NDSU Extension - Livestock Economics
New Books in Business, Agribusiness and Applied Economics
Browse the shelves:
- HA - Statistics
- HB & HC - Economic Theory & Economic History and Conditions
- HD - Industries, Land Use, and Labor
- HE - Transportation and Communication
- HF - Commerce
- HG & HJ - Finance & Public Finance
- Company and Salary Information
Use these resources to help you locate and evaluate companies you would like to work for and prepare your application materials and interviews.
- International Directory of Company Histories
- Company histories provide an overview of company strategies, successes, and failures over time.
- Market Share Reporter
- Search by company or keyword to see industry growth or top companies within an industry.
Company websites, social media, and Glassdoor.com can provide insights into many companies. The 'about us' section of a company website often lists background, job openings, and policies; as well as annual reports.
Business Source Premier and Mergent Intellect, listed below, also include company profiles, SWOT analysis, and other news.
Use these resources to help you identify salary ranges for careers and negotiate your salary.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Provides median pay for various occupations. Use the State & Area Data tab to find average wages.
- North Dakota Workforce Intelligence Network
- Find entry level, average, and experienced wages for occupations in North Dakota.
- International Directory of Company Histories
- Data and Statistics
- Searching for, evaluating, and citing data and statistics go to Finding Data and Statistics
- Developing a data management plan
- Finding Government Information
After selecting a link under 'Find Articles' search using words like entrepreneur, "new business enterprises", "business incubators", self-employment, "family owned business", "home business", or "small business".
Names, Trademarks, and Patents:
In most states, the Secretary of State Office handles company registration. For North Dakota, you can find more information on their Business Services page. In Minnesota you can search on the Business Filings page.
National searches for company names should also be done to ensure national companies do not use the same name in your state, see Trademark Basics.
Patenting your work provides protection and gives you the right to exclude others from selling an invention. Utility patents for the most common. For general information about patents see Patent Basics. To begin patent searching, follow the steps outlined here: Seven Step Strategy. This will help you determine if your invention has already been patented.
Business Source Premier
Business research database. Includes articles, company profiles, and industry reports. EBSCO
Wiley Online Library
Multidisciplinary resources including articles, online books, reference materials, laboratory protocols, etc. Wiley
Science, technology, and medicine resources and bibliographic information. Elsevier
Communication and Mass Media Complete
Communication and mass media research. EBSCO
Index of peer-reviewed literature in behavioral sciences and mental health. EBSCO
Access to IEEE journals, transactions, magazines, conference proceedings, standards, and dictionaries. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Research in Agricultural and Applied Economics. Index with full-text. University of Minnesota
CABI Digital Library
Research on agriculture, the environment and the applied life sciences.
Access World News
News from over 11,000 sources, including North Dakota resources. Newsbank
Leading national and regional newspapers. ProQuest
Regional Business News
Provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications and includes coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. EBSCO
Department of Accounting, Finance, and Information Systems subscription includes the Audit & Compliance module. Requires login - additional instructions.
Essential Intelligence: S&P Capital IQ Platform is a comprehensive source of business and investment information. Standard & Poor's. Requires registration - additional instructions.
I/B/E/S History Detail & Consensus Estimates. Thomson Reuters. Browsers no longer support FTP access; this requires a FTP application for file download. WinSCP is recommended for Windows users. Contact the reference desk (701) 231-8886 or Business Learning Center (701) 231-8189 for login credentials.
From Business Source Premier. Datamonitor industry profile reports that contain market overview, size, segmentation, competitive landscape, leading companies, forecasts, and definitions. EBSCO
Key Business Ratios Online
Provides industry financial benchmarks from Dun & Bradstreet, with the ability to input and export financial data. Mergent
Annual Reports archive includes annual company reports of US and international companies. Key Business Ratios archive includes industry financial ratios. Mergent
Private and public company data, includes spreadsheet data, industry reports, industry financial ratios, executive contacts, and demographic data from Nielsen. Mergent